Tax Amendments

Why File an Amendment to Your Tax Return?

  • You should file an amended tax return if you need to correct any piece of information on your tax return:
    • Claiming additional dependents
    • Removing dependents you previously claimed,
    • Reporting your proper filing status,
    • Reporting additional income – from a W2, 1099, or other income statement,
    • Making changes in your above-the-line deductions,standard deduction or itemized deductions,
    • Changing your personal exemptions,
    • Claiming additional tax credits, removing tax credits mistakenly taken, or recalculating the amount of the credits; and
    • Reporting additional withholding – from a W2 or 1099
    • Claim tax credits for past year’s tax returns if you recently received your (SSN) social security number
  • Be aware that you have three years to make any corrections that results in additional tax refunds

Comments are closed.